Terms & Conditions of participation in the UIP 2019 Chapter Meeting in Krakow
For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions, the following terms shall have meanings ascribed to them below:
social events organised by the Organizer, not forming part of the Congress (particularly not subject to the conference fee and requiring a separate registration), aimed at networking and exchange of professional experiences, such as: Gala Dinner in the Gardens of Archeological Museum, local city tours.
: a person participating only in the Accompanying Events or in other events unrelated to the purely scientific program of the Congress, who are registered by the Participant in the online registration form and paid the fee.
: depending on the scope of the Participant’s registration: the agreement of participation in the Congress or any part thereof and/or the agreement on the participation in the Accompanying Event, concluded between the Congress Organizer and the Participant.
: DMC Poland sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Kraków, address: Smolki 11a street, 31-513 Kraków, with the share capital of: PLN 5,000.00 entered in the National Court Register under No. KRS 0000412901, Tax Identification Number (NIP): 6793080504, Industry Identification Number (REGON): 122519868, assisting the Congress Organizer with the organisation of Congress
: UIP 2019 Chapter Meeting to be held in Krakow in ICE Congress Centre (address: Marii Konopnickiej 17 street, 30-302 Kraków) on 25 – 27 of August 2019.
Congress Organizer also Organizer
: Congress is organised by Polish Society of Phlebology (Polskie Stowarzyszenie Flebologiczne) with its registered office in Katowice, address: Ziołowa 45/47 street, 40-635 Katowice, entered in the National Court Register under No. KRS 000089956 Tax Identification Number (NIP): 9541570914, Industry Identification Number (REGON): 270222286, e-mail address: email@example.com .
: a natural adult persons with full legal capacity participating in the Congress and/or in the Accompanying Events, who filled in the online registration form and paid the fee. There are certain groups of the Participant’s such as Guests, Delegates and VIP.
: an individual or a company participating in Congress, presenting its products and services as part of Congress
: the Participant who will present oral and/or poster presentation during the Congress
Terms and Conditions
: these terms and conditions forming the content of the Agreement on the participation in the Congress and/or participation in the Accompanying Events.
II. PARTICIPATION AND REGISTRATION FOR THE CONGRESS
1. Registration for the Congress shall end on 09 August 2019.
2. Participation in Congress is valid only if:
2.1 Participant completed the online registration form available on the Congress website (http://uip2019.com/registration) what was confirmed by e-mail automatically generated by the registration system (“Confirmation of registration”).
2.2 Participant made payment for the full Congress fee and/or fee for participation in selected Accompanying events and/or any other ordered services (such as accommodation, airport transfers). After the registration fee is paid, the Participant will receive an e-mail with the invoice.
3. The Organizer has the right not to allow the Participant to attend the Congress if the Participant has not paid the fee for participation in the Congress.
4. In case of withdrawal from participation in the Congress, Participant is entitled to reimbursement of the fee paid as specified below (Cancellations, refunds & changes conditions).
5. The Participants shall be prohibited from bringing and carrying any weapons or other dangerous items, explosives, pyrotechnic products, materials posing a fire risk, alcoholic beverages, intoxicants or psychotropic substances.
6. Each Participant and Partner shall wear a personalised badge in a manner visible to the Organizer and other’s Participants and Partners throughout the entire duration of Congress. If a Participant or Partner does not have a badge, the Organizer shall have the right to remove him or her from the area where Congress is held. A Participant or Partner may not make its badge available to any other person. The badge to Accompanying Events for the Accompanying Person shall be issued without Accompanying Person’s name and assigned to a given Participant according to the registration form.
7. Participant shall carry his or her badge to make it available for inspection by the Organizer.
8. The badge shall provide following data: name, surname, degree (academic title), institution, country and an indication of whether a person is Participant or Partner or Speaker or VIP.
III. PRICES AND PAYMENT
1. Following fees for the Congress participation shall be paid by the Participant:
EARLY BIRD until 1 March 2019
Fulltime Physician UIP Member: 1300 PLN / 300,00 EUR
Fulltime Physician Non-UIP Member: 1525 PLN / 350 EUR
Fulltime Physician – Developing countries*: 540 PLN / 125 EUR
Fulltime Registrars / Residents/ Trainee Doctors**: 540 PLN / 125,00 EUR
Fulltime Physician Polish Society of Phlebology (PTF) Member: 865 PLN / 200 EUR
Student***: 220 PLN / 50 EUR
REGULAR until 25 July 2019
Fulltime Physician UIP Member: 1650 PLN /375,00 EUR
Fulltime Physician Non-UIP Member: 1850 PLN /425 EUR
Fulltime Physician – Developing countries*: 650 PLN /150 EUR
Fulltime Registrars / Residents/ Trainee Doctors**: 650 PLN / 150 EUR
Fulltime Physician Polish Society of Phlebology (PTF) Member: 1200 PLN / 275 EUR
Student***: 435 PLN / 100 EUR
LATE after 25 July 2019
Fulltime Physician UIP Member: 1950 PLN / 450,00 EUR
Fulltime Physician Non-UIP Member: 2175 PLN / 500 EUR
Fulltime Physician – Developing countries*: 760 PLN / /175 EUR
Fulltime Registrars / Residents/ Trainee Doctors**: 760 PLN / 175,00 EUR
Fulltime Physician Polish Society of Phlebology (PTF) Member: 1525 PLN / 350 EUR
Student***: 435 PLN / 100 EUR
*To qualify for the developing countries rate you must be a full-time resident of a low-income and lower-middle income country as classified by the World Bank. You may be required to provide proof of residence. Please click here to see the World Bank Country Classification data
To qualify for the Registrars / Residents/ Trainee Doctors rate, the confirmation of the status of a registrar, resident or trainee doctors may be required.
*** To qualify for the Student registration rate, the confirmation of the status of a student at a university or college must be provided.
2. All registration fees are in PLN (Polish zloty) and EUR (Euro).
3. All Congress fees presented in registration form include Polish VAT.
4. All payments are to be made in PLN (Polish zloty) (PLN) or EUR (Euro).
5. All costs of money transfers are to be borne by the Participant.
6. Payment must be made within 7 days from receipt of Confirmation of registration subject to cancellation of the reservation.
7. The amount of the fee shall depend on the time of its payment and not on the time of the registration.
8. The payment for the participation in the Congress may be made as follows:
8.1 BY BANK TRANSFER
payments in PLN:
Bank name: BANK MILLENNIUM SA
Bank address: Stanisława Żaryna 2A street, 02-593 Warszawa, Poland
SWIFT: SWIFT BIGBPLPW
IBAN: PL 2011 6022 0200 0000 0356 4308 24
with the payment title: UIP2019 Krakow + Participant(s) name and family name.
payments in Euro:
Bank name: BANK MILLENNIUM SA
Bank address: Stanisława Żaryna 2A street, 02-593 Warszawa, Poland
SWIFT: SWIFT BIGBPLPW
IBAN: PL 77 1160 2202 0000 0002 3131 1826
with the payment title: UIP2019 Krakow + Participant(s) name and family name
8.2 BY CREDIT CARD
Payment is processed by PayPal where you may pay for your registration by credit card or debit card. Using a credit or debit card, you always pay PayPal the service fee of 4,9% that will be implied.
IV. CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS & CHANGES
1. Participation cancellation
1.1 A registered Participant in the Congress or in the Accompanying Events may cancel their participation without giving any reasons for the cancellation.
1.2 The cancellation of the participation must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.3 The cancellation e-mail should be sent from the e-mail address provided during the registration process.
1.4 In case of cancellation received by the Organizer:
1.4.1 prior to 25 May 2019, the Participant shall receive the refund of the Congress fee minus a 200 PLN or €50 administration fee, depending on the currency of payment)
1.4.2 between 26 May 2019 and 1 August 2019 the Participant shall receive the refund of the 50% of the Congress fee and/or the 50% fee for the Accompanying Events and other ordered services, subject to point 3 below.
1.4.3 after 1 August 2019 the Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of any part of the Congress fee or of the fees for the Accompanying Events or other ordered services.
1.5 The Congress fee and the fees for the Accompanying Events shall be refunded:
1.5.1 in the case of a bank transfer - to the bank account provided by the Participant together with all the information needed to order an international bank transfer, which must be included in the cancellation e-mail.
1.5.2 in the case of a credit card payment - only to the card used to make the original payment.
1.6 If the conditions for the refund of fees are met, such a refund shall be made in the period of up to 2 weeks following the receipt of the cancellation e-mail.
2. Hotel booking cancellation:
2.1 A registered Participant in the Congress or in the Accompanying Events may cancel their hotel booking without giving any reasons for the cancellation.
2.2 The cancellation of the room booking must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
2.3 The cancellation e-mail should be sent from the e-mail address provided during the registration process.
2.4 Offered hotels have different cancellations deadlines after which refunds will not be made. The full list of offered hotels and respective deadlines:
HOTELS CANCELLATIONS DEADLINES
15 May 2019
BB HOTEL 15 May 2019
BENEFIS 15 April 2019
BEST WESTERN EFFECT EXPRESS 10 June 2019
BEST WESTERN OLD TOWN 15 May 2019
FRANCUSKI 03 June 2019
GALAXY 15 May 2019
GOLDEN TULIP KAZIMIERZ 08 January 2019
HILTON GARDEN INN 28 December 2018
HOLIDAY INN 15 January 2019
IBIS KRAKOW OLD TOWN 20 March 2019
IBIS KRAKOW CENTRUM 20 March 2019
INDIGO 21 May 2019
INX DESIGN 03 June 2019
LEGEND 15 May 2019
LWOWSKA 1 15 May 2019
MAKSYMILIAN 20 May 2019
MERCURE OLD TOWN15 March 2019
NOVOTEL CENTRUM15 March 2019
NOVOTEL CITY WEST
15 March 2019
PARK INN BY RADISSON 10 February 2019
POD ROZA15 May 2019
POLESKI 15 May 2019
POLONEZ 15 May 2019
PURO KAZIMIERZ 30 March 2019
PURO OLD TOWN 30 March 2019
Q HOTEL 15 January 2019
QUBUS 30 March 2019
SHERATON GRAND 08 January 2019
STARY 15 April 2019
SYMPOZJUM 20 June 2019
UNICUS HOTEL 03 June 2019
VIENNA HOUSE EASY CHOPIN 03 April 2019
WYSPIANSKI 20 June 019
3. In case of cancellation after the given deadline (point 2.4 above), payment for accommodation will not be refunded.
V. PERSONAL DATA
1. The Controller is the Polish Society of Phlebology (Polskie Stowarzyszenie Flebologiczne).
2. DMC is one of the data processors.
1. A particular procedure for submission Speakers’ oral and/or poster presentations to be presented during the Congress is specified in the Call For Abstract. (https://uip2019.syskonf.pl/Call-for-abstracts).
1. Any complaints against the Organizer, Participants should notify in writing (address: Polskie Towarzystwo Flebologiczne) with its registered office in Katowice, address: Ziołowa 45/47 street, 40-635 Katowice), or by mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Claims of Congress Participants should be submitted no later than 7 days from the date of completion of the Congress.
3. Complaints received after the above deadline will not be considered.
4. The Organizer shall review any complaints within 21 days after the date of the submission. If the Organizer does not reply to a complaint within the deadline specified above, it shall be deemed that the complaint was granted, i.e. the Organizer considered the Participant’s statement or request as justified.
VIII. ORDER REGULATIONS
1. The Participants and the Partners shall demonstrate conduct that does not pose a threat to the safety of other the Participants and the Partners, observe the law and these Terms & Conditions, as well as immediately follow the instructions of security staff. It is forbidden to obstruct and block exits and escape routes, as well as other necessary rescue or fire-fighting equipment in the event of an emergency during the Congress.
2. The Participants and the Partners shall respect the rights and personal dignity of other Participants and Partners.
3. It shall be forbidden to damage any markings and information boards, advertising media, devices and equipment used at the Congress etc.
4. The Participants and the Partners shall promptly notify the Organizer of any instances of misconduct (in particular those indicated above) by other Participants and Partners.
5. The Participants and the Partners who, despite being requested to cease a breach of these Terms & Conditions, fail to comply with the Organizer’s instructions, in particular if their conduct poses a threat to the safety of other Participants or Partners or if they disrupt the proceedings of the Congress shall immediately leave the Congress and shall not be entitled to any claims against the Organizer.
IX. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. In the case of the cancellation of the Congress and/or of the Accompanying Events for reasons attributable to the Congress Organizer, the entire registration fee and hotel fee shall be refunded to the Participant.
2. The Congress Organizer shall bear no responsibility for the acts of God (among others: natural disaster, state of war, etc.) and effects of these. In this case, if the contracted event cannot be realized, the Congress Organizer shall offer another event in a different place and time (the alternative event), on similar financial conditions. The Congress Organizer is also allowed to cancel the Congress without organisation of an alternative event, in such case registration fee and fee for Accompanying Events shall be returned to Participants as well as hotel fee.
3. The Organizer reserves the right to change, for important reasons, the program of the Congress or of the Accompanying Events determined after 11 May 2018, and to change the venue of the Accompanying Events.
4. To the extent permitted by Polish law, the Congress Organizer hereby disclaims its liability for damages to the Participants and Partners related to the organization, holding, cancellation or postponement of the Congress. The Congress Organizer shall not be liable for the benefits lost by the Participants in this respect. In the case of the aggregation of claims arising from contractual damage, the Participant may request the remediation of the contractual damage only within the limits provided for above.
5. The Participants and the Partners shall be liable for their (personal) belongings at the Congress venue.
6. The Participants and the Partners shall remedy damage made by them pursuant to general provisions of Polish law.
7. The matters not governed by these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the Polish law.
8. Any questions and comments related to the Congress or the Accompanying Events, including those related to the registration process, should be sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com
9. Any disputes that may arise for Participation in the Congress will be settled by the court competent for the Congress Organizer.
10. Sending a registration statement from the Congress website, constitutes acceptance of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, and the observance of policy regulations and any other arrangements made between the Participant or Partner and Congress Organizer.
11. Participants and Partners in the Congress shall observe these Terms and Conditions.
12. The Organizer reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions for important reasons. Any amendments to these Terms and Conditions shall be published promptly on the Congress website (https://uip2019.syskonf.pl/). The amendments shall take effect within 14 days after their publication.
13. Video footages and photos may be taken by the Organizer during the Congress.
14. In all organizational matters, including disputes during the Congress, the decisions of the Organizer shall prevail.
15. These Terms and Conditions shall enter into force on 1 December 2018.